Who We Are
Blue Bombers Alumnus and former CFL Executive Lyle Bauer conceived Never Alone Foundation after being diagnosed with throat cancer in 2004. “When I was first diagnosed with cancer, I can tell you that in spite of family and friends, I had never felt so alone and unsure of what the future would bring,” recalled Bauer, who has since successfully fought the disease.
His experience with the disease and the support he received from friends, family, and cancer service providers inspire him to help other cancer patients to let them know that they are Never Alone.
From revitalizing the rooms of a palliative care unit and a blood and marrow unit to providing funds to stage a puppet program to explain the effects of cancer to children, the Never Alone Foundation continues to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families. Never Alone Foundation also provides gift baskets, food and gas gift certificates, books, advice on who to contact for other services and more importantly to simply lend an ear and the opportunity to talk with someone who has gone through this same journey.
Yes. Never Alone Foundation is a nationally registered charity.
Registration number #81050 8473 RR0001
Board Of Directors
- LYLE BAUER – BOARD MEMBER
- THERESE LABOSSIERE- SECRETARY
- CHAD SWAYZE – BOARD MEMBER
- LINDA STEWART – BOARD MEMBER
- LAWRENCE TRAA – BOARD MEMBER
- DAVE BLACK – HONORARY BOARD MEMBER
- SHIRLEE PRETEAU – HONORARY BOARD MEMBER
- DALE NORMAN SAUNDERS– CO-CHAIR
- LAURIE FISCHER – CO-CHAIR
- STEPHEN GREEN – TREASURER
- AMANDA HILDAHL – BOARD MEMBER
- SHARON STEVENS – BOARD MEMBER
- DEAN COCKELL – BOARD MEMBER
- CAMERON KRISKO – BOARD MEMBER
- MICHAEL SCHIEFER – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR