Who We Are
Blue Bombers Alumnus and former CFL Executive Lyle Bauer conceived Never Alone Cancer Foundation after being diagnosed with throat cancer in 2004. “When I was first diagnosed with cancer, I can tell you that in spite of family and friends, I had never felt so alone and unsure of what the future would bring,” recalled Bauer, who has since successfully fought the disease.
His experience with the disease and the support he received from friends, family, and cancer service providers inspire him to help other cancer patients to let them know that they are Never Alone.
From revitalizing the rooms of a palliative care unit and a blood and marrow unit to providing funds to stage a puppet program to explain the effects of cancer to children, the Never Alone Cancer Foundation continues to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families. Never Alone Foundation also provides gift baskets, food and gas gift certificates, books, advice on who to contact for other services and more importantly to simply lend an ear and the opportunity to talk with someone who has gone through this same journey.
Yes. Never Alone Cancer Foundation is a nationally registered charity.
Registration number #81050 8473 RR0001
Board Of Directors
- LYLE BAUER – HONORARY BOARD MEMBER
- DAVE BLACK – HONORARY BOARD MEMBER
- SHIRLEE PRETEAU – HONORARY BOARD MEMBER
- MICHAEL SCHIEFER – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
- DALE NORMAN SAUNDERS–CHAIR
- THERESE LABOSSIERE- SECRETARY
- STEPHEN GREEN – TREASURER
- LINDA STEWART – BOARD MEMBER
- CAMERON KRISKO – BOARD MEMBER
- NANCY NOWAKOWSKI – BOARD MEMBER